…for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God… Romans 3:23
T H I S
STATEMENT OF BELIEFS
1. The Sacred Scriptures - WE BELIEVE in the supernatural inspiration of the Sacred Scriptures as it appears in the sixty-six books of the Bible. Word of God, the only rule of faith and behavior. (2 Tim 3:16; John 5:39)
2. The Unique, True and Eternal God - WE BELIEVE in the existence of God, a Unique Being, Supreme, Holy, Eternal, Creator of the Universe. He transcends the whole creation and at the same time is omnipresent in each of its parts. (Gen 1:1; Mt 6:8-9)
3. The Divine Trinity - WE BELIEVE in the Divine Trinity, revealing itself as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. They are three persons of the same essence, power and eternity. They are related in between and at the same time are distinguished between them. (Mt 3:16-17; 28:19)
4. Jesus Christ the Son of God - WE BELIEVE in Jesus Christ, the second person of the Divine Trinity, his virginal birth, life without sin, his miracles, crucifixion, the vicarious sacrifice, the resurrection and the ascension. Took human nature, died and resurrected to save us. (Mt 1:18; John 1:1-14; 3:16. (Luke 24)
5. Holy Spirit - WE BELIEVE in the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Divine Trinity. He dwells in the believer and guides him to all truth and all justice. (Acts 1:8; 2:4; 13:2)
6. The Creation - WE BELIEVE that the existence of all visible and invisible things obeys to the creative work of God. (Gen 1:1; 1:31; 2:12; Ps 19:1; 24:1; Heb 11:3)
7. The Man - WE BELIEVE that man was created as per the image and resemblance of God and in perfect communion with his creator. WE BELIEVE that he received attributes of sanctity, wisdom, free will, and with natural affections. WE BELIEVE also that man is the crown of creation and the object of God’s special care. (Gen 1:26-28; Ps 8:5-8)
8. The Fall and the Redemption of Man - WE BELIEVE that man fell by his transgression, by his own decision and will. WE BELIEVE that the unique means of redemption is accepting the redeeming plan provided by God in the person of Jesus Christ. (Gen 3:15; John 3:14; Rom 10:9-10)
9. Salvation - WE BELIEVE that man is saved by means of public acceptance of Jesus Christ as his Savior. WE BELIEVE that this salvation is by grace through the sacrifice of Christ on the cross of Calvary (Eph 2:8); that is justified by the faith in Christ (Ro 5:1); is inheritor of an eternal life (John 3:16; Titus 3:7). WE BELIEVE that salvation obtained when believing in Christ is immediate (Luke 19:9; John 5:24) and that it is indispensable to remain in Him to keep it. (Mt 24:13; Heb 2:1-2)
10. Baptism in Water - WE BELIEVE in the ordinance of baptism in water by immersion in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Mt 28:19).
11. The Lord’s Supper - WE BELIEVE in the ordinance of practicing the Supper of the Lord. It consists of the bread and the juice of the vine, which symbolize the body and the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ. It constitutes a remembrance of His suffering, death and a prophecy of his second coming. (Mt 26:26-29; Mark 14:22-25; Luke 22:13-20; 1 Cor 11:23-26). WE BELIEVE that the participants shall be believers baptized in water and be in complete communion with the church.
12. The baptism with the Holy Spirit - WE BELIEVE that every believer has the privilege to receive the promise of the Father concerning the baptism with the Holy Spirit. It is a supernatural experience subsequent to the new birth. Every believer shall desire it. It prepare for living a life of sanctity and effective service in the work of the Lord. (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:8; 2:4; 8:14-17).
13. The Sanctification - WE BELIEVE that it is necessary to live a life of sanctity without which nobody will see the Lord. (Heb 12:14; 1 Thess 4:3). The sanctification is obtained with the death of Christ. (Heb 2:11; 10:14; 13:12; 1 Cor 1:30) After the conversion the Holy Spirit starts perfecting the work of God in the believer, equipping him for a life of sanctity (John 17:16-19; 1 Thess 5:22-24). Sanctification is a clear separation from the world to a way of life worthy of a Holy God.
14. The Divine Healing - WE BELIEVE in the biblical promise relative to Divine Healing and that the church receives authority from the Lord Jesus Christ for healing the sick in the name of Jesus. (Ps 103:3; Is 53:4-5; Mr 16:18; James 5:14).
15. The Second Coming of Christ - WE BELIEVE in the second coming of Christ (Acts 1:11) with the following events: WE BELIEVE in the rapture or translation of the Church and that this event will occur before the great tribulation. (1 Thess 4:15-17). WE BELIEVE in the second manifestation of Christ in corporal and visible way and that He will establish His millennial kingdom on earth. (Mt 24:30; Acts 1:11; Rev 1:7; 5:10; 11:15; 20:1-7; Dan 7:14; 1 Cor 15:25) WE BELIEVE in the final judgment with retribution of Eternal Life for the just and eternal punishment for the unjust. (2 Pet 3:7)
16. Matrimony - WE BELIEVE in the act of matrimony as established by God since the beginning. WE BELIEVE that the only relation for couples that should exist is through matrimony and that matrimony should only be between a male and a female. (Gen 1:27; 2:21-25)